Sunday, November 4, 2012

Eel Pirate


Yarr! It's Eelshanks Mcflintlock, the eel pirate thing. He sort of evolved from a session playing with dynamesh in Zbrush, then I started experimenting with extracting mesh and stuff, and tharrrr he was. for the life of me I couldn't find a reference photo of the back-side of a flintlock, so I put metal plates with screws, similar to the front...later I was finally told by a friend that it's all wood...oops! I was thinking about fixing that and adding a starfish or two to the base...but I think it's time to move on to the next zbrush adventure.

4 comments:

  1. Yarr, indeed! I've fired a flintlock or two in my day and the frizzen may need to rotate back a smidge and the hammer looks half-cocked. But, the wee eely cap'n looks like quite a scourge of the seas. And he's Scottish to boot? Good show, L!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks fer the tip about the guns, although Eelshank's specialty is going off half-cocked...along with pillaging and plundering :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Damir! When are you going to reveal the rest of that dinosaur? :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a happy!